Returns & Exchanges
It is our most sincere desire that every customer be ultimately satisfied with both their ultimate purchase and the service process as well.
Most items purchased at FederalCigar.com can be returned within 15 days of delivery for a refund, credit, or exchange. For more information about how your refund will be determined, please see our section below on calculating refund amounts.
- If you are returning cigars, please send them in the original condition that you have received them, including packaging and accessories.
- Samplers and singles must be returned in a zip lock bag with humidifier pouch.
- Cigars that were shipped in cellophane wrap must be returned in their original cellophane wrapping.
- We do not accept returns of single cigars
- Cigars by the bundle or boxes of 20 cigars or more, if you try 1 cigar and return the remainder, you will receive full merchandise credit, less shipping charges. If you try more than 1, a prorated credit will be applied, less shipping charges.
Please do not return half smoked cigars. The half smoked cigars will not be refunded, and the odor of burnt tobacco will ruin the cigars that are left in the box. If you return a half smoked cigar with the rest of the cigars, we will not accept the return.
For safety reasons, items that use flammable liquids or gases such as lighters cannot be returned to Federal Cigars. Please contact the manufacturer directly for service, warranty, return, and refund information. For assistance in contacting the manufacturer, please contact us at 844-300-3212
Rare & Allocated, Limited Edition or Collectors Items
These are items are not returnable, if your item was received damaged please contact us
Pipes & Pipe Tobacco
- May be returned to us for any reason within 15 days of receipt, for a refund, credit, or exchange.
- Only unsmoked pipes are eligible for return, less shipping charges. If there is a defect in a smoked pipe, we will help you with a return or replacement in a case by case basis.
- Pipe tobacco you may return your order to us for any reason within 15 days of receipt, for a refund, credit, or exchange, less shipping charges. Only pipe tobacco with unopened packaging are eligible for return.
- If you received the incorrect pipe tobacco or it is not manufactured correctly please contact us at 844-300-3212, and we will assist you with a refund, credit, or exchange.
Start Your Return:
Please follow carefully the steps below:
- Contact us at 844-300-3212 to ask for a Return/Exchange Authorization Request form. Please have your order number, items you’re returning, and reason for return. Please take pictures of the product if it received damage, you will be instructed where to send them.
- We will provide you with a return label to ship the item(s) back to us via email.
- Federal Cigars may determine that a refund can be issued without requiring a return. You will be notified by a Customer Service Associate if we do not require that you mail your item back for a refund.
We will e-mail you as soon as we've received and processed the returned item. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 1-3 business days of our receiving your return. Usually it takes 2-5 business days for the credit to appear on your account. If the item you're returning was a gift, please note that the refund will be issued to the gift buyer.
Calculating Refund Amounts
- For boxes or bundles of cigars and are not returning the full amount, the cigars that you keep will be deducted from your refund at the selling price listed for the single on our website.
- Any item in original condition that is returned more than 15 days after delivery, refund will be equal to 80% of item's price.
- Any item that has obvious signs of use, refund will equal 50% of item's price.
- Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, or is missing parts for reasons not due to our error, refund may be granted up to 50% of item's price.
- When the original order included a free item, a return can not be made without returning the free item as well. If the free item was not returned, its regular price shall be deducted from the credit.
If you return an item using a return label provided by us and the reason for return is not a result of our error, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable, except when the return is a result of our error. If you return any items from an order that received Free Shipping, the original shipping cost associated with the returned item or items will be deducted from the refund amount. If you returned only one item from a multi-item shipment, you will be reimbursed only for the shipping fee of the item you have returned.
You may also ask to receive a replacement or exchange for another item. No restocking fee is charged, excluding special orders, if the items are returned in perfect condition within 15 days of receipt of shipment.
Special order items (items that are not on our online catalog) will be charged a 20% restocking fee.